Thai Coconut Mussel Curry By Samantha Ferraro
Posted by Taylor Shellfish
Thai Coconut Curry Mussels
Recipe By Samantha Ferraro
- 2 pounds mussels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium sized shallot diced
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon grated or chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 13 ounce can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving
- Place a pot over medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Add the chopped shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes to soften, then add the ginger and garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Stir the curry paste into the oil and pour in the coconut milk and give the sauce a good stir. Add the brown sugar and fish sauce and give the curry sauce one more stir. This is a good time to taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Add the cleaned mussels to the coconut curry broth and gently stir the mussels into the broth so they are coated with the sauce. Place a lid on the pot and cook until the mussels just open up, about 6-7 minutes.
- Once done, plate the mussels into wide bowls and pour the broth on top.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and lime and serve immediately.